The role of a UI/UX designer at Goodpatch is to bring cutting-edge ideas and designs to the table. With your amazing skills in prototyping, product design and creating beautiful user interfaces, you help our clients to quickly visualise concepts and build new innovative products.
As a UI/UX Designer at Goodpatch you will cooperate closely with our clients. Your responsibility will be to create high-quality interaction designs from early concept prototypes to highly detailed and complex specifications. As our clients vary from little startups to big corporations, you should be able to quickly adjust to different work styles and environments accordingly. But there is not only client work: You will have the opportunity of influencing our future, be involved in the exciting process of shaping Goodpatch and constantly extend your skillset.
Once you are here you will
- Create digital services for big corporates and startups alike. You will use all of your skills to assist them with their challenges and support them in establishing a design-driven culture.
- As we are not limited to a certain direction of screen design, you will establish user interfaces for native iOS, Android as well as web apps.
- Take a leading role in building beautiful and meaningful UI for our clients and end users.
- Empower and help team members and partners to be successful, have creative confidence and learn new things every day.
As part of our team we expect from you
- a bachelor’s degree in design, or equivalent life experience, as well as 5+ years of design work experience.
- the ability to be an active part of multidisciplinary teams and work self-organised within our Goodpatch OS.
- distinctive experience in working together with agile development teams, you are knowledgeable in brand design and have a passion for illustration.
- experience in leading design teams while supporting others to develop and grow.
- a senior-level of design experience, including a deep practical knowledge, understanding and experience of user centric and product design.
- the ability to create high-fidelity and pixel perfect designs as well as wireframes and clickable prototypes
- mastery of digital design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD etc. You are also willing and able to adapt and learn as the tool stack and processes change from year to year and from project to project.
- to translate research into user flows, user journeys and benchmarks
- practical knowledge of creating, scaling and maintaining Design Systems
- a profound understanding of animation and micro-interactions
- ability to design for Accessibility
- fluent communication skills in both German and English, as most of our clients are German and we also work in international team settings. Japanese language skills would be a plus to bridge the gap in international projects with our Headquarter in Tokyo.
- experience in working with other cultures is a plus. Especially experience with Japanese culture and language would be great but are not a must.
At Goodpatch we offer
- A bright, spacious and cozy office space in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg or Munich and additional Budgets for Conferences, Training, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- Monthly team dinners in Berlin and a lively and inspiring office culture with weekly team breakfasts & design review sessions.
- a MacBook and flexible working hours
- Opportunity to travel to Japan and work together with our colleagues at Goodpatch Tokyo.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and inclusive workplace.
- Room for personal growth and the opportunity to shape the company.
We believe in multidisciplinary and diverse teams and are looking for people to help us grow our culture. Therefore we welcome and want to encourage people of all genders, ages, cultures and backgrounds to apply.