Strategic design at Goodpatch requires the ability to seamlessly translate between different mindsets, perspectives and ways of thinking. This is only possible with great empathy, the capability to generate opportunities and turn them into the best possible experience. All of this is held together by our shared belief in the importance of design in this world.
As a design strategist, you will work closely with our clients and your team to ensure that there is the right environment to create world-class products and experiences together. Especially in contexts of high uncertainty, strategy must be understood as a design act where possible answers are iteratively synthesised. Our ideal candidate, therefore, takes great joy in blurring the boundaries of strategy and creativity and takes both a transformative and generative role in order to create an impetus for change on multiple levels within organisations.
And the best of it all? We want you to be an active part of building Goodpatch. If you bring the entrepreneurial spirit, we will give you the ownership to create something.
Once you are here you will:
- Conceptualise, design and build innovative products, services and elegant user experiences for startups and leading corporates alike. Leverage these capabilities to further explore dedicated strategic design directions by fostering co-creation and collaboration.
- Create a fruitful organisational environment for human-centred product and service development. You take our partners by the hand and lead them through uncertainty and transform whole teams to adopt new ways of working and solving problems.
- Generate user insights and leverage data to drive your thinking and ideation about the world as “it should be” rather than as “it is now”. You will do this through interviews and user testings which you plan, facilitate and synthesise. Doing so, you manage to create a wide range of opportunities that are embedded in a strong narrative.
- Take a leading role in preparing, running and documenting workshop formats like design sprints, strategic vision sessions and so on.
- Tell the compelling story of your team’s work, the process that went into it and the insights that inspired it. You help our partners create buy-in within their organisation and make sure to provide the artefacts that make complex ideas tangible.
- Connect design with relevant business perspectives that resonate with the client. You bring out the matching strategy tools to connect insights with the client’s objectives and understand business processes as a way to ensure the sustainability of great ideas. By doing so, you become a product leader and take products all the way from idea to market.
- Empower team members and partners to be successful, have creative confidence and learn new things, every day.
The must-have shortlist:
- An entrepreneurial mindset and proactive work approach with the ability to work self-organised within our Goodpatch Operating System.
- The personal strength and mindfulness to trust others and lead the way outside your comfort zone. You know exactly when to lead, listen, or act.
- A serious addiction to getting and giving constructive feedback, both internally and externally.
- Great facilitation skills in a variety of workshop formats that enable team members and clients to align and collectively create new output.
- The ability to present your process and work clearly and an excitement to tell captivating stories about your designs and the future value you want to create
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in at least two of the following areas like UX, design thinking, service design, business design or (scaled) agile framework.
- A willingness to travel (post covid), get your hands dirty and to not just consult but also produce tangible output.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the digital product field, consulting, designing or related areas.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in German and English.
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent life experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in cross-cultural project settings with a focus on Asia or Japan specifically is a plus.
- Kindness toward yourself and those you work with.
At Goodpatch we offer:
- A bright, spacious and cozy office space in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg or Munich center. During Covid times we help with a proper remote setup until life goes back to normal.
- Additional Budgets for Conferences, Training, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- Monthly team dinners in Berlin and a lively and inspiring office culture with weekly team breakfasts & design review sessions. Those had to be adjusted to a digital set up for the time being, but will hopefully soon be back in place in real and in person.
- A MacBook and flexible working hours to ensure an adjustable work-life-balance.
- Opportunity for frequent exchanges and potential global projects in the future with our team in Japan. Possibility to visit our headquarter in Tokyo once travelling is allowed again.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and respectful workplace.
- Room for personal growth and the opportunity to shape the company while enjoying an inclusive company culture with flat hierarchies.
What are you waiting for? Tell us about yourself, we’d love to hear what motivates you to join Goodpatch.
We provide equal opportunities to everyone. Research shows that women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every single box? Reach out anyways and tell us why! We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective. Our offices are barrier free and we offer a remote work set up.