The role of a Product Designer (senior to mid level) at Goodpatch is to bring cutting-edge ideas and designs to the table. With your amazing product design skills and your eye for useful and beautiful user interfaces, you will help our clients on the journey from quickly prototyping concepts to building whole new innovative products. As our clients vary from little startups to big corporations, national to international and come from different industries, you should be able to adjust to different work styles and environments in a heartbeat.
Next to client work, you also get the chance to play an active part in shaping not only your personal future within Goodpatch, but also the future of Goodpatch itself. Help us filling our vision with life and pick up various learning opportunities along the way. Support us in making a positive difference in this world.
What it needs to be a part of our team
- You come with several years of experience in product design, either having worked in an agency environment or leading an in-house design team. Your drive and experience will not just inspire our clients but also help your future team to develop their skills and grow in their roles.
- As our team is steadily growing, you will use your experience to empower both the team and partners to be successful, to build up their creative confidence and to motivate them to learn new skills each day.
- Our current hybrid work setup requires you to actively involve yourself in our multidisciplinary team to keep communication flowing and working self-organised should be part of your DNA.
- When working with clients, you will not only support them tackling their challenges, but you will also help them to establish a design- driven culture. You will take a leading role in building beautiful and meaningful UI not just for our clients but also the end users.
- At Goodpatch, we are worried about the future of planet earth and are convinced that design needs to shift from human-centred to planet-centric asap. We need to move from egoism to ecosystems and you get the chance to play a leading role in guiding our clients along the way. Consciousness around environmental changes and a genuine interest in sustainable design is definitely a huge plus.
- As we are not limited to a certain direction of screen design, you will establish user interfaces for native iOS, Android as well as web apps. Therefor, you should have the ability to create high-fidelity and pixel perfect designs as well as wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- Being able to master at least one digital design tool such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD etc. should be a given. Also being excited around recent developments in the product design field and a desire to share your knowledge with the team is highly appreciated.
- Design Systems are at the core of our offering for some time now. So according to your level of seniority we expect you to not only know how to create them but also how to scale and maintain those things of beauty over time.
- We not only need you to push for diversity in design with our clients but also have experience with designing for Accessibility and consult our clients towards that direction. You don't have to be an expert but WCAG should not be an alien concept.
- The world is moving, so should your designs. Static screens are a thing of the past so we need you to have a profound understanding of animation and micro-interactions.
- Ideally you also have some knowledge in brand design and illustration is a passion of yours.
- Your english and german skills are fluent both in a business setting and in your daily communication. Japanese language skills are a plus as this helps us bridge the gap with our team in Tokyo.
Let us know which of these boxes you can tick off and how you can help us bring our team to the next level. If you are not at a senior level yet, feel free to reach out too. We are happy to take a look at your portfolio as well.
At Goodpatch we offer
- A bright, spacious and cozy office space in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg or Munich center. During Covid times we help with a proper remote setup until life goes back to normal.
- Additional Budgets for Homeoffice, Conferences, Trainings, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- Monthly team dinners in Berlin and a lively and inspiring office culture with weekly team breakfasts & design review sessions. Those had to be adjusted to a digital set up for the time being, but will hopefully soon be back in place in real and in person.
- A MacBook and flexible working hours to ensure an adjustable work-life-balance.
- Opportunity for frequent exchanges and potential global projects in the future with our team in Japan. Possibility to visit our headquarter in Tokyo once travelling is safer again.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and respectful workplace.
- Room for personal growth and the opportunity to shape the company while enjoying an inclusive company culture with flat hierarchies.
We believe in multidisciplinary and diverse teams and are looking for people to help us grow our culture. Therefore we welcome and want to encourage people of all genders, ages, cultures and backgrounds to apply. Our Offices are barrier free and remote setups are welcome. Let us know in a motivational letter why you would like to add some spark to our team.