Strategic design at Goodpatch requires the ability to seamlessly translate between different mindsets, perspectives and ways of thinking. This is only possible with great empathy, the capability to generate opportunities and turn them into the best possible experience. All of this is held together by our shared belief in the importance of design in this world.
As a design strategist, you will work closely with our clients and your team to ensure that there is the right environment to create world-class products and experiences together. Especially in contexts of high uncertainty, strategy must be understood as a design act where possible answers are iteratively synthesised. Our ideal candidate, therefore, takes great joy in blurring the boundaries of strategy and creativity and takes both a transformative and generative role in order to create an impetus for change on multiple levels within organisations.
Once you are here you will
- Conceptualise, design and build innovative products, services and elegant user experiences for startups and leading corporates alike. Leverage these capabilities to further explore dedicated strategic design directions by fostering co-creation and collaboration.
- Create a fruitful organisational environment for human-centred product and service development. You take our partners by the hand and lead them through uncertainty and transform whole teams to adopt new ways of working and solving problems.
- Generate user insights and leverage data to drive your thinking and ideation about the world as “it should be” rather than as “it is now”. You will do this through interviews and user testings which you plan, facilitate and synthesise. Doing so, you manage to create a wide range of opportunities that are embedded in a strong narrative.
- Take a leading role in preparing, running and documenting workshop formats like design sprints, strategic vision sessions and so on.
- Tell the compelling story of your team’s work, the process that went into it and the insights that inspired it. You help our partners create buy-in within their organisation and make sure to provide the artefacts that make complex ideas tangible.
- Connect human-centric design with relevant business perspectives that resonate with the client. You bring out the matching strategy tools to connect insights with the client’s objectives and understand business processes as a way to ensure the sustainability of great ideas. By doing so, you become a product leader and take products all the way from idea to market.
- Empower and help team members and partners to be successful, have creative confidence and learn new things, every day.
As part of our team we expect from you
- Ability to be an active part of multidisciplinary teams and work self-organised within our Goodpatch OS.
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to reduce complexity and being comfortable with ambiguity.
- The personal strength and mindfulness to trust others and be vulnerable outside your comfort zone.
- Serious addiction to getting and giving feedback, both internal and external.
- Experience and ability to smoothly deal with organisational processes, interactions and challenges.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in at least two of the following relevant product and service development approaches like UX, design thinking, service design, business design or (scaled) agile framework.
- A willingness to travel (post covid), get your hands dirty and to not just consult but also produce tangible output.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the digital product field, consulting, designing or connected areas.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in German and English.
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent life experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
At Goodpatch we offer
- A bright, spacious and cozy office space in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg and additional Budgets for Conferences, Training, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- Monthly team dinners in Berlin and a lively and inspiring office culture with weekly team breakfasts & design review sessions.
- MacBook and flex hours.
- Opportunity to travel to Japan and work together with our colleagues at Goodpatch Tokyo.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and inclusive workplace.
- Room for personal growth and the opportunity to shape the company.